No Products in the Cart
Is your friend part of the proud queer community? Are you looking for the perfect gift to offer? But what present would make him/her happier?
The Rainbow's Brand, pledges and celebrates each and every color of the rainbow by celebrating pride, diversity and tolerance through its fashion designs.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer or Questioning, it's not always easy to find the perfect gift to proudly celebrate the colors of the rainbow. We have selected for you the 5 essential everyday items for a member of the LGBTQ+ community that will make an ideal gift for Pride Month, birthdays, Christmas or even weddings.
In this article you will discover:
• The 5 quality products to offer to an LGBT community member.
• When to offer an LGBT gift to a friend.
Let's discover all this without further delay!
Before starting this top 5 it is important to see together what the LGBT (GLBT) community is. Unlike what we have already heard, the LGBT community is not only about homosexuality, it's not just a homosexual community. LGBT is not only composed of people who are attracted to people of the same sex. The acronym LGBT stands for trans, bisexual and homosexual people such as gays and lesbians. The LGBT community is an open-minded community that fights against social discrimination related to sexual orientation and sexual identity. But the acronym LGBT does not encompass all the diversity of the world, that is why many other acronyms have emerged such as LGBTQ, LGBTI, LGBTIQ, LGBTQIA, LGBTQIAP.
But what do all these letters mean?
• L= Lesbians, or gay women are women attracted to other women.
• G = Gay men, men attracted to other men.
• B = Bisexual, people attracted to both men and women or to people of any gender.
• T = Trans and transgender people are two words for people who do not feel they are of the sex they were assigned at birth. T can also include Two-Spirits, a word used by some indigenous North Americans to describe people in their communities who identify as having both male and female minds.
• Q = The letter Q means "queer" and "questioning". Queer is an umbrella term that encompasses all LGBT people. "Questioning" people are people who are still exploring their gender expression, identity, or sexual orientation.
• I = Intersex people.
• A = A means allies and asexual. Allies are heterosexual and cisgender people who support the LGBTQ+ community. Asexuals are people who have little or none sexual attraction.
• P= P stands for Pansexual. Pansexuality is close to bisexuality. However, "bi" means "two". Thus, the word "bisexuality" is more in line with a theory of binary gender and sex (male or female). Whereas "pan" of pansexuality translates as "all". Pansexual people are attracted to people without regard or preference for the person's gender and sex, whether they identify as female, male, trans, gender-neutral or otherwise. Therefore, the word "pansexuality" is compatible with a non-binary gender theory. If you have further questions, I invite you to visit the Advocates for Youth website.
No matter what acronym is used, the community is a strong advocate for LGBT rights and human rights no matter what the gender identity and sexual orientations. Now that we see clearer about the use of the acronym LGBTQ and the importance of this movement for the society's evolution. It is now time to see together the 5 gifts to offer to a person who is part of the LGBTQ+ community.
Here is the list of the most beautiful gift ideas to offer to your LGBTQ friend.
Member of the gay, bisexual or transgender community? Whatever... If you are fighting for your civil rights and against homophobia, transphobia, biphobia and all kinds of phobias, you will find your happiness in our Pride Shirt collection.
Do you support LGBT? Activist or not you will find in this Pride Hoodies collection all the flags of the rainbow to show the world your love and pride.
You are free to be yourself, we are all human and equal. If you too think that human beings are born only to love then you will find your happiness in our Tank Tops collection.
When you walk down the street, when you sleep and when you get up in the morning you are and always will be a proud member of the LGBTQ+ community. Make that clear to everyone with your first morning coffee thanks to one of our LGBT mugs.
Being LGBT isn't always easy and sometimes it can even be a real struggle both internally and externally. Show your support for the community with one of our beautiful LGBT bracelets that are more discreet than t-shirts or sweaters.
When is the best time to give an LGBT gift to your friend? Well, your friend will appreciate the attention for his/her birthday, Christmas, and will find it even more original on his/her wedding day. But the best time will always be in June, the month of pride or to celebrate a coming-out.
Every year in June, we commemorate for four weeks LGBT Pride Month, in honor of the 1969 Stonewall riots. These June parades, now international, are organized to celebrate the social and personal acceptance of lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transsexuals, non-binarians and their rights and pride.
Sexual freedom and human rights must be guaranteed to all, whether lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, heterosexual, non-binarian or cisexual. If you stand up for these values, I strongly suggest you join the next Pride March. So, give your friend the perfect outfit for this pride parade as a gift and go together to claim your rights.
Is your friend proud to be a full member of the LGBTQ+ family? Or has he or she mad his or her coming-out? An LGBT gift in his or her honor would be the perfect gift to celebrate the day he or she came into the world.
Christmas is the best time of the year, but sometimes finding the right gift for the right person can be a real headache... Looking for a gift for an LGBTQ+ person? But you don't know what to give? Don't worry about it! The rainbow's brand is here to help you! For your lover, a member of your family, or a friend our store is full of gift ideas for the LGBTQ+ community. Show the love you have for this person by giving them a gift that fits them.
Since June 26, 2015 the Supreme Court of the United States of America has finally recognized same-sex marriage. As a result, since that day a lot of LGBT marriages have been organized in many states. And if you're here today, chances are that you're about to attend one of these famous weddings, maybe even your calendar is overflowing with LGBTQ+ weddings. And you're starting to rack your brains to find the perfect gift. No need to worry, you'll find the gift you need on our online store.
We have just seen together the best gifts to give to a proud LGBTQ+ member and what occasion it is best to give them. Celebration of June, birthday, Christmas, wedding the best LGBTQ gift to offer is at The Rainbow's Brand.
The rainbow's brand not only sells for the LGBT community, but also gives back to it. Indeed, for each product purchased, the brand commits to donate one dollar to the Ali Forney Center association, to promote equality and tolerance no matter the gender-identity and sexual orientation.
Thank you so much for this wonderful article. Plus, your website is so great ! I think I will go for the bracelet :)